Open Season


Alex Schweder's Installation at Suyama Space[photo courtesy of Rachel Maxi]



Nate Lippens, Peter Gaucy and Regina Hackett at Alec Schweder's Installation at Suyama Space[photo courtesy of Rachel Maxi]



Erica takes in the room size inflatable work by artist Alex Schweder at Suyama Space

Alex Schweder's "A Sac Of Rooms 3 Times A Day" currently on view at Suyama Space 2324 Second Ave. in the Belltown neighborhood of Seattle. A room size inflatable that during the day inflates and deflates three times. I had the feeling of both being around a large lung and a room that a boy in a bubble perhaps would occupy. I found that I either wanted to enter the bubble or jump on it, all of this of course ties into a childlike feeling that I brought to the opening.
On another note it was fun to hang out with some of my old friends and see faces, that for quite sometime, I had not seen.

Comments