alternate delegate or how I became part of the democratic process...


I participated in the local primary caucus today here in Seattle, and in turn became a alternate delegate for Barack Obama. Democracy, it was electric to participate, to be in a crowded room of enthusiastic participants. I'm looking forward to seeing how this process plays out, what impact I have on the process, and it's impact on me. There was a line that went around the block to get into the caucus today, and everyone was excited, smiling, and wanting to participate. This day was a turning point in my life, it's the kind of thing I imagined being a part of as a kid, I feel connected to the process for the first time. Exciting times folks, exciting times...


Comments

Cable Griffith said…
Harold, I also waent to my local caucus, and ended up an alternate delegate for Obama. It was my first caucus, and it was pretty cool. thanks for you comments on my blog. i just posted some new work. I love the truck photos, by the way. -Cable
Anonymous said…
so great! while i was reading this i just heard that obama won maine - yippee!!
Anonymous said…
Harold,
What funny times- I could have written your post too...and I as well am the alternative delegate for my district. Pretty cool for all of us to witness!